Friday, February 17, 2012

Less Than Seven Weeks Until We Leave for Paris

It's been a busy week...purchased two "little black dresses" but had to pick only one to pack. I took out one of the two black pants I'd packed, along with the rain poncho (will do with just the umbrella) in order to fit an extra pair of tennis shoes. The weather looks rainy and cool in April so the extra shoes will be handy. I also squeaked a little short jacket in to dress up my black outfits. Yes...I'm going "french" and packing black...black...black. I'll have the pale green jacket that will look great with pants for visiting expensive bars in five star hotels so that we can see the inside. And a pastel flower short sleeve blouse....otherwise I'm black from the tip of my shoes to the top of my head! Must admit...I still have the gray hair!

You'll notice that I've added some French music to my blog...hope you enjoy it! You can change songs by clicking on a different tune if you roll down and look under the Achives on the left side. Must admit I got the ideal from the blog that I mentioned last week. It was easy to set up but learning to put it into my blog was another story! But, I kept at it until it worked.

This week I wrote to my friend in Provence who owns the Olive Mill; I told him that we'd be there to visit with him in April. I actually met him in California in 2007 when we were doing the California tour with our friends who are joining us for the last five weeks of our trip. My twin sister and I visited with him during our Twin Trip in 2009. It's always fun to meet with people that you know. We'll also be meeting with friends in Paris that I met in Australia. And, my son tells me that they have friends who will be in Paris during Easter break with their children and we hope to meet up with them....maybe a picnic in the jardin des tuileries!

Another project has been arranging for house sitters while we're gone. It's always so nice to have someone in your home when you're traveling to catch the little things that sometimes go array if the house sits empty for too long. Merci beaucoup to my generous friends and family who fill this need.

Working on my To Do list I've been able to scratch off: dental and eye exams; income taxes; estimating expenses until end of May for Quicken...a big project. And the list goes on and on but it's definitely getting shorter each day.

No comments: